Sesame Street Stays Up Late! is a 1993 New Year's Eve television special spun off from Sesame Street, featuring guest appearances of characters from the international versions of the show. This special aired on December 29, 1993 on PBS. It was released on home video as Sesame Street Celebrates Around the World.
Everyone on Sesame Street is preparing to celebrate New Year's Eve. However Telly Monster quickly discovers that this means that the current year ends and he is happy with the year as it is. Because he gets afraid that he soon will enter an unknown year, he starts a campaign to prevent the new year to come to Sesame Street.
In the meantime, Elmo is the host of the monster news that shows how New Year's Eve is celebrated around the world. This is done by showing segments created by the Sesame characters from the different co-productions around the world.
Also, during the special, Wolfgang the Seal balances a beach ball on his nose because he was hired to be the Time Square ball. Near the end of the special, the cast did the countdown and Wolfgang removes the ball in slow motion.
- Carlo Alban - Carlo
- Ivy Austin - Tita (voice)
- Alison Bartlett-O'Reilly - Gina
- Linda Bove - Linda
- Ruth Buzzi - Ruthie
- Annette Calud - Celina
- Emilio Delgado - Luis
- Savion Glover - Savion
- Angel Jemmot - Angela
- Loretta Long - Susan
- Sonia Manzano - Maria
- Bob McGrath - Bob
- Roscoe Orman - Gordon
- Jou Jou Papailler - Jamal
- Tarah Schaeffer - Tarah
- Lily Tomlin - Ernestine the Telephone Operator
- Fran Brill - Zoe, Prairie Dawn
- Kevin Clash - Elmo, Wolfgang the Seal, Cousin Pepe, Elmo-noske, Bjarne Betjent
- Jim Martin - Max Mekker
- Joey Mazzarino - MNN Logo Purple Monster
- Jerry Nelson - Count von Count and Samon the bear
- Carmen Osbahr - Rosita
- Frank Oz - Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Uncle Hank
- Martin P. Robinson - Mr. Snuffleupagus, Telly Monster, Mrs. Grouch
- David Rudman - Baby Bear, MNN Logo Orange Monster
- Caroll Spinney - Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch
- Steve Whitmire - Ernie
- Bryant Young - Rear End of Mr. Snuffleupagus